* Players can use garrisoning, military formations, and advantages in direction facing add interesting tactical choices. Units are also smarter, with new artificial intelligence (AI) options like Guard, Patrol and Follow as well as multiple aggression levels. Also boats will be able to ram or board enemy ships to capture them.
* Players can improve the economy of their civilization through expanded trade and diplomacy options. In addition to gathering resources, they can trade at their own market or use trading routes with their allies. A market-based economy gives new options for players to buy, sell, and speculate on resources.
* Gamers command one of 13 mighty civilizations. These include Franks, Japanese, Byzantine and the raiding Viking, Mongol and Celt civilizations. Each civilization has unique attributes, buildings and technologies as well as a particular combat unit based on its historical counterpart.
* Production queues, improved navigation points and chas more than 100 nodes, larger than one player could possibly complete in just one game.
* Experience intense single and multiplayer game play. Enhanced historical campaigns, a random map generator and a scenario and campaign editor offer players extensive replay value.
all the above information is taken from;